Thursday, August 15, 2024

Refridgerator Free Verse

Many years ago, I bought a magnetic poetry set for the refrigerator. It didn’t get a lot of usage but it was fun on occasion, like when my ex-wife and I would leave each other teasing messages or jokes to find.

I kept a record of the more interesting word combinations that arose from time to time when the set was in use. My teenage daughter and her friends as well as a few people of my acquaintance sometimes left puzzling and very random bits of prose all over the side of the fridge. Occasionally what I read there was a little shocking, but I’m not one to stand in the way of creative expression. Herewith follows a sampling of those long-lost phrases, with punctuation I’ve added:

“Men miss you as prisoners dance with sexy concrete dogs."

“Devour more caramel.”

“Rob could drink like velvet.”

“My voice is my stream.”

“Know when to haunt the openness of ice.”

“Bellow at Angus, squirm for ferocious sacrifice, ask not of them that I die but be a delicious cake hole.”

“Look to self and not you.”

“Speak up, surround our eternity, explore her sky, do as he thinks.”

“Window woman on a pool is a wet champagne kiss.”

“Stiffly go down the moist hole and celebrate the throb, baby.”

“Wild sister girl, why?”

“See my job; I am naked. Do me. And I desire cake.”

“Listening to her is crap.”

“Smile in a glass.”

"Laugh universe, ocean, life; you breeze sometime.”

“We loved magic.”

“Hot fresh bugs will question us.”

“Put no cut on pierced, soft, long-broken women.”

“Almost blind after giving in, sailing, flying though dark rhythm, cold smoke making learning hard, bleed red as morning.”

“Embrace a flower.”

“Trust those cranky blazes.”

“Soon old ghosts rot of decay.”

“I choose to enjoy everything.”




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home